National Energy Action (NEA)
National Energy Action (NEA) is the national charity seeking to end fuel poverty.
They work across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and with our sister charity Energy Action Scotland, to ensure that everyone can afford to live in a warm, dry home. In partnership with central and local government, fuel utilities, housing providers, consumer groups and voluntary organisations, they undertake a range of activities to address the causes and treat the symptoms of fuel poverty. These include:
- Campaigning to ensure that the needs of fuel poor households are recognised and addressed
- Researching and analysing the causes and extent of fuel poverty and developing policies which will address the problem
- Developing and managing demonstration projects that show innovative ways of tackling fuel poverty
- Providing advice and guidance to installers on good practice in delivering energy efficiency services to low income households
- Developing national qualifications and managing their implementation to improve standards of practical work and quality of energy advice
Their work encompasses all aspects of fuel poverty, but in particular emphasises the importance of greater investment in domestic energy efficiency.